Thursday, May 13, 2010

I need a drink...

If I was a drinker, tonight I would need a drink. I love being a mommy, but some days they just test every last bit of my patience. 3 has been a challenging age so far with Mackenzie and we are not even half way through!!! She is a sweet, smart, fun little girl, but the drama and sassy mouth about drive me mad! I fear what the teen years will bring. At least we will have had a long time to prepare :) I feel bad, because I feel like I am not very patient with her and I know that only makes her attitude worse. I hope that she does not hate me when she gets older, because I am often her least favorite person now a days :( Then there is Brooklynn...sweet cling on Brooklynn. I guess I should be happy that at least one of my kiddos wants to be by me, but the girls is like glue :) Maybe it's just a bad day all around...work sucked and then the girls were cranky.

I'm not sure what I want from my working career any more. I like being an OT, but right now it's not what I want to do anymore. That is kind of a problem, being that my degree really doesn't allow for much else. I don't even know what else I could or would want to do. I have said for a long time that someday I would like to be part of some type of research, but how do I find a job that pays what I make doing research? I also like compiling information and researching topics to develop competencies and things of that nature...again how do I turn that into a lucrative career? I don't find the same enjoyment in my job that I used to. It's not fun anymore and I honestly dread going there every day. Maybe it is the tense nature of working in a hospital, maybe I'm just in a funk, or maybe it really is time for a change. I wish I could find something that allowed me to work from home at least part of the time. The biggest problem is that I need to make what I make as an OT. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

babybeezymom said...

Wow, you have been a busy blogger. I had to catch up and add you to my list. I can't get behind like that again.

As for the job, I totally understand however I don't have any suggestions. It scares me to even consider making any changes right now. My mantra right now "this (feeling) to shall pass".

I hope things get better.