I won't be frequenting Walmart anytime soon after my shopping there with Mackenzie tonight. I am begining to think that I liked it better when you had NO clue what was flying out of her mouth. Now shopping there is always an interesting people watching event. Usually I do my shopping on Saturday, but I was out of town...so tonight seemed like a good night. We planned a family trip, yes I know it is sad that going to Walmart is a family adventure, but Brooklynn decided that she needed a nap after her shots. So, it was just Kenzie and I. Kenzie must have just entered the "I need to ask 50million questions about every single person around me VERY loudly" stage. Not only asking very embarassing questions, but pointing to make sure everyone knew who she was talking about. I swear I was ready to break her pointer finger off...she knows it is rude to point and that we don't do that. The crowd at Walmart tonight must have just been too much b/c she was pointing up a storm! I think she and I offended every person there...I am quite embarrassed with her behavior, I need to figure out a way to keep this from happening again.
Conversation #1--literally as we walk in the store.
Kenzie-Mommy, why does that boy smell bad? (the "boy" was a 50something man)
Me-Kenzie that's not nice he is just fine.
Kenzie-But mommy he stinkys real bad--as she plugs her nose
~so she wasn't lying but I couldn't say that right there.
Conversation #2--maybe a whopping 3 min. later
Kenzie-Mommy, why is her hair green.
Me-She must like green hair
Kenzie-Mommy, why does she look like a boy.
Me-Maybe she likes her clothes comfy. Girls can wear comfy clothes too (girl in question was a young teen dressed in very baggy sweats with very green hair).
Kenie-But mom she looks BAAAAD!
Conversation #3--in the first checkout line we attempted
Kenzie-She is too big for her seat!
Me-Kenzie her seat is just fine
Kenzie-No mommy look at her butt
Me-Kenzie, hush she is fine.
Kenzie-No mommy her butt is REALLY big.
Me-Kenzie enough
Kenzie-But mommy it is hanging over the seat!!!
Me-hand over her mouth
Kenzie-the very second I remove my hand---Her butt is bumpy!!
Me-I just switched lines the damage was done.
Conversation #4--Another check out line
Kenzie-Mommy, why doesn't that lady have a shirt on?
Me-She does, she has a tank top on.
Kenzie-Her boobies are hanging out.
Me-Kenzie please turn around
Kenzie-What is her name?
Me-I don't know, please turn around.
Kenzie-No mommy I want to see. Mommy I think the lady is going to have a baby!
Me-PLEASE Kenzie turn around.
Kenzie-Mommy...
~The woman who caught her attention was probably 70, no bra, tight ill fitted tank top, etc....so no she wasn't pregnant, she just had a pregnant looking belly.
There had to be 15 other "conversations" while I was attempting to shop. We had a long discussion all the way home about manners and not pointing and talking about people. I thought maybe she got it, until we go home and she promptly told her daddy about the lady's "bumpy" butt.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment