Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Whisper"...

I'm feeling nostalgic tonight for some strange reason :) As I was driving home from my 9:30pm grocery shopping trip...I shop late at night just so I can go all by myself...it hit me. I never knew the joy of grocery shopping alone until I had kids. It is very sad that going to Walmart at 9:30pm is a fun spot in my day. Anyways, as I was driving home the song "Whisper" by Oval Opus came across my Ipod. I love that freakin song...no matter how many hundreds of times I listen to it, I love it just the same. So many good memories from my college years are attached to that song/band. It got me thinking how much my life has changed in the 7 years since college. I wouldn't change a thing about my life, I really wouldn't. I have everything I could ever have wished for an more, but every once in a while just for a moment I miss what life was like back before I "grew up". I miss the ability to be spontaneous and just pick up and do what ever I pleased whenever the mood struck me. Now it seems to take an hour just to get everyone ready to leave the house! Staying out late meant really staying out late...anymore if we are out past 9 we are out late. I miss going to live concerts and knowing all of the songs, spending time with people who quickly became like family. Nearly weekly concerts were common place...I can remember on a whim jumping the the care and traveling a few hours to go to a concert. During that time a friend became a boyfriend, who would be come my best friend and eventually my husband and father of my children. Listening to that song makes me smile. I can so clearly remember spending many nights with Jason from the time we first started dating until after we were married listening to Oval Opus and many other small bands...in fact Whisper was one of the songs we played at our wedding. Maybe it is all the memories that have lead to where we are today that makes that song one of my favorites.

No comments: