Monday, September 8, 2008

Day #3

Today we are just hanging out around the house. Everyone else headed south today to explore the southern end of the outer banks. It was a 2 1/2 drive so we opted to stay home...didn't think Mackenzie would enjoy 5 hours in the car for maybe a few hours exploring. We played in the pool and she was actually willing to leave the first step. I think I liked it better when she was afraid to get in the water. She was "falling" into the water with us catching her...sometimes without much warning. Thank goodness there is a nice secure fence between the house and the pool. Hopefully before we head home she will like floating around in her little kiddy float/boat. She escaped from her bed last night. We don't have her in a crib because it seemed pretty flimsy and it was on the main floor in the master bedroom...so we have her in the bottom bunk with a baby gate and dresser to keep her in...it is quite a site :) Some how last night she escaped from the bed and when we went to get her up this morning she was standing at her door. This afternoon when we put her down for her nap she went down okay....but when we went to check on her she was sound asleep on top of the dresser...using one of her elephants as a pillow and hugging the other one!!! So we may be moving the crib down to her room...I don't want her climbing out and falling off the dresser. I tried to get a picture of her sleeping on the dresser, but I'm not sure how well it turned out...I didn't want to use the flash and wake her up. I think this afternoon we will head down to the beach. So far she's not been impressed with the whole beach. I'm not sure if it is the sound of the waves or what, but she wants to be held the whole time. The ocean has been pretty rough because of all the tropical weather so we really have not been down by the water that much. They have had reports of bad rip currents the past few weeks...we've watched a few of the other swimmers quickly be pulled down the beach...but not out further away. It's nice to have the house to ourselves today...peace and quiet. I'm not used to lots of people around all the time. Thank goodness we have been able to escape here and there. Well...off to relax a bit more :)

No comments: