I can't believe how quickly our vacation went. It seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye. But then again I guess that is how vacation usually goes!!! It was a good relaxing time. I think that we really needed some time away. Even though there were many people in the house Jason, Mackenzie and I got to spend a good amount of time as just the 3 of us. It is so easy to forget how much fun our little family can be when we get stuck in the hustle and bussel of every day life back at home. I wish that we could spend more time together as a family, but life just does not allow for that on a daily basis. I guess we will just have to take more vacations :) Mackenzie was an angle. We could not have asked for her to be better. She just went with the flow. She slept and napped like she was in her own bed, never batted an eye at the change of scenery, and pretty much just took everything in stride....even the 11 1/2 hour car ride. I couldn't have expected her to be as well behaved as she was. She amazes me on a daily basis. It was so wonderful to spend the whole week playing with her. She is an absolute hoot...okay I knew that already, but I've not spend an entire week with her since she was 10 weeks old. What a difference a year and a half makes. I loved her when she was tiny, but I defiantely prefer the older baby stage :) She learned so many new words this past week. Her vocab is just taking off...Jason's really going to have to watch his tongue!! New words in her vocab are: Tinkle; poopy; potty; yucky; horsey; sand; water; MINE; cow; Mooo; birdy; kite; this; pop; more; all done; that; bite; night night; dipie(diaper); pee pee...I know there are more words but the excape me right now. She also said her first 3 word sentence..."Mummy, where's daddy?"
I took so many pictures. The few posted above are just a handfull of all the pics. I still have 4 rolls of film being developed. It had been so long since I used my "regular" camara! I forgot how much I loved taking pictures with it. I got one of the rolls of film back...the other 3 are still at the store...that's another story :) On the roll of film I got back there were 3 pictures of Mackenzie from some time ago. The first two were probably from when she was maybe a month old and the other pic she was probably a year...it doesn't even look like the same little kid! It's amazing how much she has changed in 19 months. I can't belive my little girl is 19 months old!!!
I will post the other pics when I get them back :)
No comments:
Post a Comment