Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Getting back on track...

I have to say that the past few days have been some of the most trying days in my life. Never in the 8 years that Jason and I have been together have I ever questioned our relationship. I knew that an argument was coming prior....things had been strained for a few weeks. These past few days were scary...I hate arguing, but I also refuse to push these feelings under the rug. I know that I need to loosen up, but something that upsets me as much as these past few days have just can't be pushed by the wayside. When Jason and I got married we both promised to be honest and open with each other, no matter how unpleasant what needed to be said was. We really have been able to do this and though it is uncomfortable/unpleasant at times, in the long run I think it is good for us. After a very uncomfortable/unpleasant night and morning we finally sat down and have a long and very open conversation. Though things are not perfect, life is much better. I think that we both said what we each needed to say and in a calm rational manner...something that neither of us had been able to do for the days preceding our conversation. I do think a lot of good came from our conversation. There are a few things that we still don't agree on, but it will come in time. I'm just thank for that things are getting back on track.

No comments: