Thursday, May 1, 2008

15 months old today :)

Where has the time gone. It can't be 15 month since she was born. It just doesn't seem possible. But I guess it's true :) We had her 15m wellbaby today. Everything checked out just fine and dandy. Doc. said she looked great, only thing she was concerned about was her ever present cold. To be honest I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The doc was surprised at the face that her chest was completely clear even though she has her "smokers" cough :) I tried to tell her this is how she has always been. She did suggest that we test for allergies at 18m to 2yrs if she still has the chronic congestion. If that doesn't prove to be the culprit they will take a look at her adenoids. I guess if they are chronically inflamed they can cause congestion. I learned something new :) She was pretty good for her exam. She tolerated everything but being layed down to have her belly and such checked, but even then she got over that pretty quickly. She did show her true toddler colors when she pitched a HUGE fit when I would not let her dig through the trash can...oh I'm so horrible!!! At least the office staff got a good laugh and the doc stated "quite the little temper there!" All I could think was, oh if you only knew. So all is good. The doc even agreed that it was okay if I postpone her MMR vax until she is 2...she said especially with the chronic cold she would rather I wait until she is 100% clear...haha maybe she will NEVER have to get it. Daycare should love that. She agreed to sign paper work okaying the delay of vax :)!!! I'm very happy...I just get a bad feeling about that shot...I never thought I would be one who wanted to delay vaccinations, but after much research and just seeing how awful she feels after them, makes me question why they have to do so many at once. I will not budge on the MMR, I just won't. I don't care what I must do or who I piss off...she is our child and that is that. Thank goodness Jason is okay with my position on this. I get a lot of strange looks, but until they can tell me 100% that it won't cause Autism or seizures I'm waiting. A coworker stated "if it causes a seizure it's not like she has a seizure disorder, it's just from the shot." Hello...every time you seize you cause brain damage and why would I give my baby something that could do that? Okay off my soap box.

Here are her 15 month stats:
~25 lbs 14 oz
~32 inches tall---yea she is almost as tall as the average 2 year old :)
~5 teeth with at least one on the way
~Clearly says(okay clearly to us): Dada, mama, daddy, doggy, kitty, dog, hi, bye, and uh oh
~Her favorite things to do right now are: Swinging outside, going for walks, coloring with chalk or finger paint(I think she is going to be a lefty), playing in her sand/water table, and running up and down the drive way.
~Her favorite toy: little yellow elephant and little pink elephant...oh and of course her paci.
~Her favorite foods: Chicken strips, peach yogurt, Mandarin oranges, cooked carrots, vanilla pudding, and potato chips(got a salt lover on my hands)
~Clothing size/shoe size: 18-24months up to 2T and her shoe size is a 5

Growing up too fast :)

I put away the bottles tonight. It makes me sad, but I know it is time. She is getting more teeth and is plenty old enough to not need the bottle. Plus the longer we have it the harder it will be to get rid of. The only thing we have left to put away really is the paci...I don't plan on worrying about that for some time...she still seeks it out way too much. If she is still super attached at around 2 we will work harder at giving it up.

No comments: