Friday, April 4, 2008

TGIF

It's been a long week and darn it, it's not over yet! I hate working on Saturday. Hopefully it is nice out later in the day so Mackenzie and I can go outside. It's fun watching her explore the outside. She like to try and visit our neighbors across the street. They have not been out much, but she still likes to stand in their driveway and yell what I'm guessing is her greeting :) She chatters a bunch, but rarely says any understandable words. It's like she has her own language that no one else is privy to. I'm anxious for her to talk, but then I will probably want her to be quiet :) I think she will be a chatterbox as she gets older! She did say "Yuck" though it sounded more like a foul word I hope she never says but, it was cute. She thought she would chew on the top of the hairspray bottle...I'm sure it tasted gross!

We are planning on spending the weekend, well after I get off of work, cleaning the house and decluttering. We have called a Realtor and have a meeting with her the 17th of this month. I'm excited, but at the same time worried that we won't be able to get enough to actually sell this house. Plus I'm not sure where we will live while our new house is being built. I am also afraid of all the hidden costs of building. If we are going to build, I want to make sure that we can build the house we want with all the extras we want too. We don't want anything too extravagant, but I want tile floors and granite counters. So, I have been working PRN every Wed. to help save up some extra money so that we can have those little extras. So we will see. The housing market is still awful around here, so we really are not expecting anything big. We don't want to wait so long that the price of building continues to go up to the point it is out of reach. We would also like to have the new house by the time we have a second little one. So, we will be keeping our fingers crossed and just see what happens.

No comments: