I'm just in awe at how much I am enjoying being a mom. If someone would have told me how wonderful motherhood was just a bit over a year ago I would have laughed right then and there. Yea there are days when I want to rip my hair out and when I wonder what I have gotten myself into, but those days don't last long. When Jason and I got married I wasn't sure if I ever wanted a child. In fact a few weeks before the wedding I told Jason he shouldn't marry me because I knew he wanted kids and I though deep in my heart that I did not. Glad he decided to stick it out :) I've got baby fever like no other right now. This is quite a new feeling for me!!! We got pregnant with Mackenzie before I got a chance to really get excited about trying for a baby. But right now we need to wait a while longer before we try for number two. First I don't want to be pregnant for my little sisters wedding and second I really need to get my weight under some type of control. We have talked about how many kids we want. Originally we thought for sure we would only want two, but now we are considering maybe 3. We will see though. I think we are both a bit surprised at how much we truely love being parents.
Today was a fun day with Mackenzie. Be it only 2 hours I had a chance to play with her, we had a good time. She absolutly loves being outside. So when we got home from dinner she ran around all over the yard. We have some dafodils poping up so I picked her one. She thought that was the best thing in the world...especially smashing it to pieces :) She definatly loves to get dirty. Along with ripping up grass, smashing the flower, and running around in the mud she decided she would play with the dirt in one of my empty flower planters. I thought she would dig for a second, but before I knew it she found a plastic spoon and was digging with it. It didn't take long before she tossed the spoon and went at it with both hands. She had dirt everywhere...she even thought she should taste a little bit. I wish I had my camera. Got to love my little tom boy :)
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment