Even with feeling crappy she is still trying to be a sweet little lady. She is now blowing kisses and making kissy noises when you ask for a kiss. She still won't give you a kiss, but she will blow you one :) She has also taken a liking to dancing when ever there is music playing or even if you just say "Dancing baby dancing baby" I need to catch her dance on video, it is so cute. While she and I were enjoying our sick day she found a new fun game...racing around the kitchen pushing her little walker toy...now she can't play this game alone...I must also run around the kitchen pushing one of her toys. We must look quite the site running around the kitchen...maybe I should try crawling on my knees...it would be more my height that way :) Then things we do to entertain our kids :) It had to be near 40 minutes we played like this before she crashed and took a 3 hour nap...yea 3 whole hours...that is a record for her :) She's been busy learning new things...she can now also shake her head no when she does not want something (okay so she shakes her head no at EVERYTHING); blew bubbles in the bath tonight for the first time; can say YUCK...though sometimes it sounds a little more like the Y is replaced with a F...just what a little girl should be saying; and she can independently remove her own diaper in 2 seconds flat. I'm sure there is more, but my poor brain needs sleep.
By the end of this week I will completely be med free!!! I'm excited to not have to take any medications other than my daily vitamin. I does mean a little more work for me in some sence, but I am really ready to be done with both of my meds.
I found this while searching around the web today...puts things in perspective on a day where I'm frustrated with all things that have to do with being a parent :)
A PARENT'S PRAYER
They're only little once.
Grant me the wisdom to guide them down the path that their feet should take.
For I know that they can never turn back and walk those paths with me again.
Give me the wisdom to guide their feet so that someday they'll be able to walk alone.
They're only little once.
Give me the time I need to enjoy them.
For I know that after they're grown, I'll never have another chance to tell stories and pretend at those tea parties.
I'll never have another chance to watch them in a school play or sing in church, or to see them catch that first fish or score that first goal or hit that first home run ball.
Give me the time in life's busy schedule to have fun with my children.
They're only little once.
Let me be a loving parent.
Let me correct and not just punish, explain and not merely scold.
Let me know when to correct, and how often, and when it's best to just look the other way.
Help me be patient and give me a gentle hand to mould them into better people.
They're only little once.
Let me be a good teacher and an even better example.
Give me the right words and deeds to teach them.
Help me to teach them about You and how to walk in Your ways so that when they are old they will not depart from Your ways.
For they're only little one time, only innocent and trusting and pliable for a space of time, one minute in an eternity.
Let me do my best for them while I have the chance.
Amen
~~ Author Unknown ~~
No comments:
Post a Comment