This making baby food thing is addicting :) It has been come a weekend project to see what I can come up with and how many different and to me "strange" foods I can come up with to feed my poor unsuspecting baby. I am not sure why I am find such fun in making her food...I HATE to cook...maybe it's the challenge to do something I never thought I would even consider...kind of like breastfeeding. I can't even remember what possessed me to try to make baby food with Mackenzie, but it was much easier than I expected and so far I'm finding the same to be true this go around. I do like that I know exactly what I am feeding Brooklynn and that there are no preservatives in her food, but on the other hand Kenzie had "normal" baby food and she is perfectly fine! I have even taken to freezing the purees in cute shaped ice cube trays...not that anyone other than myself even notices :)
So far I have made:
~butternut squash
~sweet potatoes
~carrots
~peas
~green beans
~pears
~apples
~acorn squash
Brooklynn does not prefer her green veggies, but she seems to tolerate the green veggies mixed with the orange ones. Tomorrow I will start her on fruits, I have a feeling she is going to like those :) I bought mangos to make, but then read that I should not start those until after 8m, so I need to see if they are one that I can freeze for a bit. I am interested to start trying different recipes and mixes to see how much variety we can give her!
No comments:
Post a Comment