Sunday, January 1, 2012
As crazy as ever!
It's been forever since I have had a moment of free time. Life as a family of 5 is beyond busy but more fun than I could imagine. Aubrey was born September 9th at 4:34pm. My body decided that it was time for her to make her appearance. I was 37 weeks 4 days when she was born. My pregnancy was not an easy one and eventually lead to a semi emergent c section. My hemoglobin was really low, 7.9, following surgery but thankfully they didn't make me have a transfusion. Life with Aubrey has yet to have a dull moment. I'm sure by the time she is one I will have a full head of grey hair. She started by loosing over 10% of her weight and almost getting to spend another day in the hospital. She got a sinus infection within one week of coming home, got her better only to get sick 24 hours after her antibiotics ended. She was a really noisy eater in addition to the sinus troubles so I requested a swallow study. At 7 weeks she had a modified barium swallow study that showed micro aspiration on thin liquids. She will be on nectar thick liquids until 18-24 months. It's amazing how quickly her feeding quieted down. Her aspiration meant she could no longer nurse. I tried to pump but it was just too much trying to take care of Mackenzie and Brooklynn plus make bottles and feed Aubrey. Feeding Aubrey is a time consuming process!!! One bottle,4oz, takes upwards of 1 hour. She is kind of a grumpy baby and prefers to be held and attended to most of the time. grumpy or not we love her. She's a peanut and is still under 10 lbs at 16 weeks. I'm not used to skinny babies! She was my littlest baby at 7lb 7oz when she was born. Mackenzie and Brooklynn are amazing big sisters. Having a little baby makes them seem so grown up. I'll post pictures another day...Aubrey is fighting RSV and is requesting some attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment