Busy weekend up at Geneva on the Lake. I have not been there since I was a little kid. The resort we stayed in was beautiful, but the town was pretty much the same as I remember it. There were so many places that were closed down and so many empty store fronts. There was a lot of bars and bikers, it really is an interesting little town. It was a busy 2 1/2 days...Lots of swimming in the pool, little swimming in Lake Erie, bike ride on a bike built for 4 (a lot more work than is sounds), lots of good food, saw the longest covered bridge, and did a bit of shopping. Both the girls LOVED the water. They both even liked the lake. Last time we had Kenzie by the lake she freaked and hated it. This time she was rolling around in the water, waves crashing into her, having a wonderful time! Brooklynn had fun too. She was kicking and splashing, just having a good old time.
Vacation was fun, but traveling with kids is really a lot more work than anything. It is hard to really relax when you are tending to kids all the time. I swear if anyone else told me to just relax, I was going to loose my mind. Okay, if I relax than who will tend to the kids? I just can't let the baby crawl around all over the restaurant and Kenzie crawl under the table. For now, I'm done traveling with kids until we head to the outer banks! Maybe I'm a stick in the mud, but staying in a hotel with the kids really isn't all that much fun!
2 comments:
OH, just relax....... Totally kidding. I completely understand. Suri broke a glass against another glass, splashed around in the toilet, and bonked her head half a dozen times on our last trip. It is a hard decision to travel. I just consider it part of the motherhood ride. Josh knows when I have had all I can handle so he helps a lot.
I wouldn't give it up for anything, but I usually need a vacation after my vacation! I love getting to experience vacation through the eyes of a child again...but eventhough my hubby is a great help, he sometimes forgets that I might like to relax a bit too.
Post a Comment