Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Days like this...

**Just a word of warning to sensitive readers...mention of the death of a baby in this blog**

Days like today make me ever so thankful for my boring nothing out of the ordinary life. Also, it makes me even more thankful for my girls, my husband, and the little life we have built. Today started like every other day...running late getting the girls to daycare and me to work. About 1/2 an hour into work we get news that a former coworker's son had passed away in his sleep the previous afternoon. Her son was 11 months old. He was no more than a month older than Brooklynn. This isn't supposed to happen. He was a sweet innocent little baby. My heart is breaking for her and her family. It makes me feel physically ill to even begin to imagine what they must be going through. How do you even begin to put one foot in front of the next after something like that. I could not concentrate all day at work. All I could think of was hurrying home and holding my girls tight. Too much time is spent doing everything other than spending time with those that matter the most. Today I realized how fleeting life can be, how easy it is to take it for granted. I vowed the moment I heard of his passing that I will spending every single second I can with my family...house work can wait, dishes can wait, everything can wait! I would rather spend 5 extra minutes with the than have a perfect house. I spend far too much time away for home as it is. I swear if I could find a way to be home more, I would not hesitate one single second. I'm trying, I'm looking, I will eventually find away to not work full time. It may not be today or tomorrow, but it will be someday. I don't think I will sleep much tonight. I can't get this horrible feeling out of my heart...I don't want to put my girls down tonight... Hug your kiddos tightly tonight...

No comments: