Thursday, June 19, 2008

Teething woes...

Meal Points
Breakfast: 1c oatmeal with 1Tbsp of brown sugar 4
Lunch: Small chef salad with fat free French dressing 6
Turkey and cheese sandwich 6
Dinner: Turkey patty with cheese 7
Green beans 0
Crackers 2
Snack: Weight Watchers ice cream 2

Total Points: 27

I did not do as well today with my meals. I did not have time to pack my lunch today, so I ended up eating too much. I've already packed my lunch for tomorrow so that will be better. Sigh...I seem to have zero control when I'm presented with large amounts of food choices. It is all learning process I guess...I must make a better effort to pack my lunch daily.

I'm not sure if Miss Mackenzie is just miserable from teething or if we might be seeing the start of the terrible twos super early. She's been awful....screaming, crying, temper tantrum throwing mess these past few days. Everything, I mean absolutely everything sets her off. I know she is frustrated that she is unable to get across what she wants, but until she can talk, we are going to be in the dark. Her demanding little finger just isn't cutting it. I think she has fussed/screamed/cried more in the past 3 or so days than she has her whole little life. We are at our wits end. She is happy one second and then a screaming mess the next. It's so not like her...she's always had a little attitude, but nothing this extreme. She does tend to get a bit like this when ever she is getting ready to do something big...maybe she is on the verge of talking. She has been trying to repeat what we say much more...she can usually get the first letter and then the syllables, but the word just doesn't come out yet. Each day she sounds a little more human :) But anyways I'm beat. She was up at 2:30 this morning screaming. I'm pretty sure her teeth woke her because she was sobbing and holding her mouth...poor thing. I can't give her Motrin because it upsets her tummy, so all she can have is her teething tablets and Tylenol. We brought her into our bed because she was just beside herself and I really just wanted to get some sleep. I'm not sure how she does it, but all 28lbs of her take up an entire queen size bed. Jason and I were each sleeping on the very edge. I ended up sleeping, well laying in the crappy spare bedroom bed because she was pushing me off the edge. I'm praying that she is sleeps better tonight. I really need a good night sleep. Hopefully this stage passes when the molar comes in...bad thing is she's got a bunch more to go...this could be a long couple of months. Screaming clingy fussy toddlers are great birth control!

No comments: