Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I think I like this mom thing :)

I just love this stage. Even with the trying toddler moments I love this age. She is so much fun. I want to pause everything and just keep her like this for a little while longer. She is doing so many funny new things over the past few weeks. You just never quite know what she is going to be up to from minute to minute.

Some of her new antics are:
~Walking like a sumo wrestler
~"Jumping"...though her feet never leave the ground
~Making all kinds of silly faces
~Imitating the faces Jason and I make at her
~Imitating some of the gestures we do...oh boy this could be trouble :)
~Running
~Doffing her shoes; shorts; and top...we've got a nudist on our hands
~Protesting about the clothing I put on her...this is not supposed to happen at 16m.
~Using a fork to feed herself
~Starting to make circles with her chalk when drawing
~Asking to nap or go to bed
~Identifying her eye/belly/nose
~Adding words to her vocab: Baby; ball; nononono; duck(though this sounds more like a cuss word); quack
~Gives real kisses occasionally and blows kisses to everything that moves
~Is afraid of starting cars
~Pinching....thanks daycare
~Smacking...thanks again daycare
~Pulling hair...once again thanks daycare
~Giving hugs when asked
~She now will identify Jason and I as daddy or mama...still hasn't said mommy
~Putting pieces in a 3 piece puzzle
~Is able to do the small shape sorter all by herself
~Loves to read her "Tails" book
~Goes to the fridge when hungry/thirsty
~She is a dancing fool...dances when ever music is on

I'm sure there is a lot more that I'm forgetting, but she has been a busy little girl lately. I love watching her figure out new things...she scrunches up her face when she is concentrating. Her ability to work at a task before becoming frustrated is getting a little longer....as long as she is not tired :) Our sand and water table is a big hit. She just loves digging in the sand and making a total mess. I was apprehensive about using "real" sand as she still puts a lot of stuff in her mouth, but so far so good. She's tasted the sand a few times, but had kept it out of her eyes and such so far. She love her swing too. No sissy swinging either...she likes to go as high as possible...it is a guaranteed belly laugh if the swing "bumps" at the highest point.

Poor little girly was sick yesterday. She vomited and had diarrhea at day care so she got sent home....again :) My poor kiddo is one big walking disease. Thank goodness it really only lasted about 8 hours and then she was back to her crazy loud self. Her allergy medicine is working wonders. It is so nice to not have a constant snotty nose. Her eyes still get rimmed in red from time to time...like if we are outside a bunch or if we are around a lot of blooming flowers. But other than that she seems to be doing well. I wish I didn't have to give her meds every morning, but I guess if it keeps her feeling pretty good it is worth it. Hopefully she will out grow some of that, but I'm not holding my breath :)

I love when I get her up in the morning and she is all smiley even when I have to wake her. That is the best. Also when I get home from work and she comes running arms open wide for me to pick her up. That makes all the extra flab; stretch marks, and sleepless night totally worth every minute :)

No comments: