We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year this year. The kids and us were so spoiled that I am not sure what we are doing to do with everything we were given. Our families are much too generous. I think that once we are moved in to the new house Kenzie and I will go through her toys/clothing and donate what she does not play with and can't/won't wear to the woman's shelter in the area. I would love to teach her the importance of giving not just receiving. Plus, it will help weed out some of the "clutter" that we have :) Christmas was so much fun with a toddler in the house!!! She is still talking about Santa and asking when he will be returning. Mackenzie amazes me how thankful she was for everything that she received. Not once did she complain about not liking something or act ungrateful for the gifts she received. She's a pretty cool kiddo, not that I am biased :) We took the girls to Jason's parents church for Christmas Eve service and Mackenzie LOVED listening to the minister talk. Though she did state in her loudest toddler voice "Why is everyone SO quiet" in the middle of prayer. She and Brooklynn were angels in the Christmas pageant...another thing Kenzie has not stopped talking about :) Brooklynn slept through a good part of Christmas...all the business must have worn her out.
2009 in review---
~Mid January we found out we were expecting.
~Same day I found out we had a baby on the way I found a fractured wisdom tooth...we all know how much I LOVE the dentist.
~Mackenzie turned 2 January 31st.
~Jason battled pericarditis for nearly 5 weeks in Feb./March
~Sold our first home in the middle of May.
~Found out we were having a second little girl in early June.
~Moved out of our house and into an apartment over the July 4th weekend. Moving while pretty pregnant is not fun :)
~Brooklynn Danielle was born Sept. 28th at 12: 32pm
~Broke ground on the new house Oct. 22nd
~December 22nd returned to work after 12 weeks off.
2009 has been a VERY busy year for us. We are very much looking forward to a quieter 2010. 2009 for the most part was a good year, but I am hoping that life will settle down a bunch in 2010!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment