Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy baby :)


My sweet happy little girl! Brooklynn is just the most pleasant little baby I have ever met...yea I know I'm a bit biased, but she truly is just a happy kiddo. Tonight as I was trying to convince her that it was bed time she was smiling and chatting up a storm. She has found her voice!!! She is making what sounds like little baby sentences. Her entire body smiles when she figures out how to make a new sound. She is amazed when we make goofy sounds at her or if we laugh. She giggles all the time. I can not wait until she breaks out a full out belly laugh. I just love her. Tonight she did have her very first protest...so far she has just gone with whatever we were doing. I swaddled her in her blanket as usual and tried to feed her but she was fighting and fussing with all her might. So, I unswaddled her, changed her diaper, checked her over, gave her Mylicon, and burped her...all that did was piss her off and make her spit up. So, I unswaddled her again and reswaddled her leaving her arms out...she promptly went to sleep. I have a feeling we will have another strong willed little girl on our hands...lord help us now! I think she is in the midst of her first big developmental milestones...in the past week she has started tracking all the time, smiling, cooing, laughing and really responding to her surroundings. She is attempting to mimic our facial expression and copying the sounds we make. She also rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time yesterday....she is only 11 weeks old!!! This seems so early to me b/c Kenzie was just so content to just be still :) I have a feeling she won't be immobile for very long. Ah, she's up...

No comments: