Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life is good

These past few weeks have been so crazy, frustrating, and trying. But, I think that we are back on the right track. First...I am back working at the hospital and am finished with the schools. I learned my lesson and won't be making any job changes for a long long time. I guess I was not meant to work with children and I am so so happy to be back working with adult/geriatric patients again. The hospital feels like home. I really missed my co-workers and it is so nice to be with a big group of therapists again. I'm glad that it all worked out. Though I feel very badly for putting the school in such a bad position, but I had to do what was right in my heart...I know for sure that I did the right thing...this is were I am meant to be. My heart is happy again and I'm sleeping much better :) I feel like myself again!!! This past week was also Jason and I's 4th wedding anniversary!!!! I can not believe that we have been married for 4 years. It just doesn't seem possible..though I can barely remember what life was like before he and I got together :) I guess that in some ways it feels like we have been married forever...not much change other than my last name when we made it official, but still...next month we will have been together for 9 year :) It's crazy...the past 9 years have flown by. In those 9 short years sooo much has happened and changed. When this all started we were 20 year old college students who had no clue where life would take us...9 years later here we are with a home, good jobs, a happy marriage, and a beautiful 21 month old child. How did that happen??? I have learned so much about life and even more about myself. For the most part it has been a fun journey. Even the "bumps" in the road have taught us something about ourselves and our relationship. Every day I wake up I truly feel blessed to be living my life. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father for our child. I know that even when I drive him absolutely nuts that he still loves me with his whole heart. This weekend we were able to get away just the 2 of us. I think that we really needed some time to just be husband and wife and not mom and dad...yea we were still mom and dad...but without Mackenzie to tend to. It was great...good food and real adult conversation. That doesn't happen to often with a toddler running around :) I feel rejuvenated and like we were able to fall back into love with each other as husband and wife and not just as mom and dad...and we both needed that. I think we still struggle a bit with separating that role and actually taking time for just the 2 of us....it is ease to forget that we need to make sure that we as a couple are still in sync and not just going through the motions.

So...life is good...just plain good and I'm thankful for it everyday. :)

No comments: