Well I made it through the first week at the schools and I really do think that I will like working with the kiddos...guess I don't have a choice :) I think that it is going to be a long transition, but hopefully it will not be a horribly difficult transition. It was very sad to leave the hospital but I am enjoying being home by 3:30 and having that extra time with my little lady. I think that it will be a challenging position, but really rewarding at the same time. Sigh...I do miss all the people at the hospital. I miss the lively conversation and good friends that I left behind. I suppose over time I will get to know the people at the schools as well...though I will never be in any one place for very long. So we will see. I will need to be better than I have in the past with keeping in touch.
Mackenzie is just as amazing as ever. She cut her first 2 eye teeth this past week. It has taken almost 2 months for them to cut through. I wonder how long it will take for them to come all the way in...the way she gets teeth it will take FOREVER!!! She is talking up a storm. She is asking for things like food or drink. She is also repeating a lot of what we are saying, or at least trying to repeat words of interest. She has started imitating animal sounds. She can imitate a dog, cat, sheep, cow, turkey, bunny, snake, horse, and bear. She will also chomp her teeth for shark, smack her lips for a fish, and move her fingers like pincers for a lobster. It is so much fun. She can also identify her nose, eye, ear, lips, tongue, teeth, toes, foot, leg, arm and head...oh and her favorite butt. She can find these body parts on other people...though she seems to like to gouge out others eyes when pointing to them! Lets see....She can put on her own slip on shoes. She also helps put on her pant and shirts. Potty training...well I don't know if I would say we are starting, but more like we are just letting her lead. We have the potty sitting out in the main bathroom and when she asks or acts like she might want to use the potty we sit her on it. Pretty much each time we put her on the potty she goes...so maybe she is ready more so than I...honestly I'm just lazy :) Lets see what else she has been up to...pretty much just being a complete and total ham. She's a riot. She has so much personality...I don't know how it all fits in that tiny little body. She has a doctors appointment coming up at the beginning of November. Her soft spot it still not closed and unfortunately she is still toe walking. I'm not sure what they are planning on for the soft spot...I don't think there is much that they can do. Some days I think it looks smaller, but you can still see a pulse there so it can't be much smaller. Plus it should have been closed almost a year ago. So we will see. With the toe walking...I'm pretty sure that she is going to get a script for PT. Sigh...I've tired stretching her heel cords, but she still is up on her toes at least 50% of the time. Especially when she get tired. Hopefully they will be able to fix the problem with just a little bit of PT. I swear that child is going to give me some grey hair! Oh well...it's worth it.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment