It's been a long time since I have had time to post here!!! This month has been so crazy busy that it is now the end of the month and I feel like I missed out on the whole month. I had been glued to the TV watching the Olympic games. It was AWESOME!!!! The swimming seemed to be the highlight of the whole games...it was broadcast every single night!!! I loved it, it makes me miss my swimming days. Watching Michael Phelps swim was enough to make me jump around the house and act like a complete fool!!! Oh well...when else will we witness someone win 8 gold medals in one Olympics? It was great...now I must wait 4 more years to have 2 weeks worth of TV to watch :) After the swimming was over I must admit that I really didn't watch much...a little of the gymnastics, but that was really it. I watched a running race or two, but for the most part their races were disappointing and the athletes have such poor attitudes that it made watching more annoying than exciting. Okay enough about the Olympics.
Miss Mackenzie has been a wild woman this month. She has moved from the infant room up to the toddler room at day care. The transition was much smoother than I expected. The first 2 days she was there she was a little difficult to handle once we had her home, but now she is back to her normal self. She seems to really love her new room. She is napping 2 1/2-3 hours per day, much more than she ever did in the infant room, playing outside and coming home looking like Pigpen from the Peanuts every day. Plus since moving to the toddler room she is using a fork and spoon pretty well; drinking from a regular cup with fair accuracy; asking to wash her hands; talking more; and making it a whole day without her paci except for at nap...she even gives it up when we ask for it. In fact, she has not asked for it once over the past 2 days. Usually she wants is as soon as she gets in the car, but she's been okay just looking out the window or hug her lovie. I'm glad she is getting to the point where she doesn't want it constantly. I don't mind her having it at night or nap, but I can't stand it hanging out of her mouth all day long. She had begun talking around the stinkin thing...that was the breaking point for me...we took it away at the end of last week during the day time. It has taken a bit longer to calm her down when she gets upset, but it is getting easier :) I have had her in her cloth diapers each weekend and I really think that they are going to work for us. I still don't have enough diapers to go for more than one day without washing them. I do need to get more so that I don't ruin the ones that I have. I think that I have 5 total now....yea still need a bunch more to make it more than one day...I would like to have enough to make it about 3 days before I had to wash. We aren't going to use them at night, well at least for now with Mackenzie...when we have #2 we may try and use cloth diapers all the time, but for now we are just going to use it during the day. They seem to hold up well, but I'm sure if I have to wash constantly they will wear faster. I guess I will know what I am asking for, for Christmas :) We actually have not told anyone other than my mom that we have been using cloth diapers. I think they would just think we were crazy and I don't feel like defending myself, so what they don't know won't hurt. :)
Mackenzie's newest words/phrases:
~no no no no
~Mummy, Daddy? as if she was asking where her daddy was.
~Nani=banana She's been saying this for a while, but now she consistently asks for a banana for snack by stating nani!
~Birdie
~Poopy
~Kucky Usually when we change a poopy diaper
~Brady
~Riley
~Uner=Hunter
~Mimi=our cat
~Side=outside
~ut=up
~all done
~more
I know there are a few more, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment :)
The past 2 days she has stripped off her diaper and headed for the potty and actually peed on it when she sat down!!! So, we are leaving the potty out for her to use as she chooses. She still doesn't tell us when she is wet or dirty, but I think that is a good sign that she has realized that she needed to go and actually made it to the potty. She has also been waking up from her naps with a dry diaper. Even over night she is not that wet. So we will see...we will just follow her lead on this one. It will be nice when she is potty trained, but at the same time it is nice to not have to worry about needed to find a potty all the time.
Well...my fingers are tired so I will finish my update tomorrow or in the next few days :)
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment