Sunday, July 20, 2008

My sisters wedding....

Weddings are an amazing event! Yesterday my younger sister was married. I think that you forget how amazing love can be until you witness true love first hand, like you do when all is right and all the pieces fall into place. Their wedding was absolutely beautiful. I watched in amazement as my wild and crazy sister stood there, a beautiful grown woman and joined hands and hearts with her groom. You could tell by the smiles on their faces and their absolute beaming expressions that this was meant to be. You could see the love between the two of them. All people should be so lucky to find love like that. All the stress and bickering leading up to that day ended the moment the bride and groom saw each other, at least that is how it appeared to the outside observers :). They looked so peaceful and sure of how right this marriage was.

My sister truly deserves to have had this wonderful day. She has waited for a man like this to steal her heart and make her happy. Nick is a great guy. I could have have wished for a better brother-in-law. I only wish we lived closer together so that we could spend more time with the newly married couple. It makes my heart happy that she gets to experience the kind of true love that I have felt with my husband. Even on days were I am ready to wring his neck...I know in my heart that he will always be by my side...now my sister can feel that sense of security as well.

It is hard to explain what you feel inside when you watch your sister get married. In my head/heart I still see her as I did growing up. But standing at the alter hand in hand with her groom, it is obvious that she is not that girl any more. But a grown woman. It's amazing. Even more so, it is great to see her beaming and so happy. I have never seen her as happy as she has been with Nick by her side.

When Jessica stood at the back of the church and Nick at the front, the look on his face was absolutely priceless. He had to take a deep breath, as though his breath was taken away when he first saw her. His eyes lit up and color filled his face...definitely the look of true love. I love to watch the grooms expression when he first sees his bride. Nick's was priceless, just perfect. I wish I could have seen my sisters face as well, but I can only assume that it was a look of true love as well.

As I said before weddings are an amazing event. Makes you realize once again why you yourself went through all the hard work when you yourself became a married person.

Congratulations Nick and Jessica :)

No comments: