Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Update on us...
It's been forever since I've updated...our computer crashed and typing on the iPad takes FOREVER! The summer went by much too fast as usual. We had a pretty busy summer with lots of trips and not much down time :). We spent a long weekend in Nashville, a week at the outer banks, weekend at the Kentucky horse park, and a long weekend in georgia. Plus a bunch of day trips around Ohio. I hate to admit it, but I'll be glad to not ride in the car for a while! I've enjoyed my crazy schedule that allows me more time at home with the kids. I wish I could have dropped my hours sooner because I've really enjoyed all the extra time with them...even when they drive me nuts :). The kids are doing wonderful! Mackenzie is on her third week of kindergarten and absolutely loves school. I hope she continues to enjoy it. She starting to read and is working hard on practicing her writing. She's learned a lot in only 3 weeks :). I am still in denial that she is in "real" school. I think her favorite thing is riding the school bus! She hoped on the bus no problem her second day of school and asks to ride it every day. She had her first real haircut right before school started. She had about 6 inches cut off...this was HUGE for her! I love it, though it makes her look much to grown up. Mackenzie is still as girly as ever :). She starts dance mid September and has been practicing daily :). Brooklynn is the wild child :). I can't believe she is about to turn 3. She's gotten so much more independent, out going, and BOSSY!!! She is an opinionated girl and now that she can make it known, the whole world knows :). She is a goat... If it can be climbed she climbs it. Nothing is safe when Brooklynn is around!!! She finally decided that potty training was a good idea and for the most part except when she's asleep we are diaper free. She won't be starting preschool this year because with the way her birthday falls she has 3 years until she starts kindergarten. She's determined that she should be going to kindergarten with Mackenzie :). Brooklynn will also be starting dance mid September...this could be interesting as B doesn't not always care to listen to directions :). She loves to dance and will start dancing when ever she hears a good song, if no good music is available she makes up her own. I'm sure my neighbors have heard her rendition of the ABC song many many times! Aubrey is still keeping us on our toes...not because of medical stuff, for the most part, but because she is on the go ALL the time. My immobile baby learned to sit, crawl, pull to standing, cruise the furniture, and get from laying to sitting all by herself all during her 10 month!!! She's been practicing standing without holding on and I doubt it will be long before she walks. She's mastered going up the stairs...though not down yet, unless rolling down counts. She still sees her PT/OT/SLP, but only once a month now. Hopefully soon she will graduate from PT and OT. She's stuck with speech until she is able to swallow thin liquids and is eating more textures. Her swallowing is still a challenge. She's has a lot of aversions to things in her mouth and different textures, but we are working in it. She wants to eat big kid food, so she keeps trying. At least now she gags but doesn't immediately vomit :). She's a goofy kid. She is by far our grumpiest kiddo she's a smiley kid when she wants but definitely not an overly happy baby. Guess she's got a reason...her alter ego "Walter" still visits from time to time, but not as often. We are hoping to be discharged from most of her specialists at her year follow ups. A reason for her delays and failure to thrive was never really found. That's so frustrating for me, but I find comfort knowing nothing was found!!! So that's our update. Hopefully I'll keep up better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment