Friday, March 19, 2010

What have we been up to...




Finally have the time and the energy to update my blog!!! Those are two things that don't often happen especially in the same night it seems :) It has been a busy few months around our household. I believe my last post was to share that our house was done. Well, the house may be finished and we may have all our crap here, but it is far from done :) Unpacking and reorganizing is quiet the chore with two kiddos to tend to, full time jobs taking up time, and just life in general. Someday we may have places for all our things and there may be a sense of organization down the road...for now we live in a mess of chaos, boxes, and random things here and there. I must say I LOVE our new home. It finally feels like we are where we are supposed to be. I walk around the house almost daily and still can't believe we are here. It is amazing to have room to spread out and not be climbing over each other to get from room to room. I am thankful for the apartment that was our home for nearly 7 months, but I am SO glad to be done with apartment living. I must have much too large of a personal space to tolerate such little living quarters :) I love my husband and my kids, but man I needed some breathing room! Mackenzie tells us daily how much she loves her new house and her pink and purple room. Mackenzie's attitude has drastically improved...now she is still 3 with a 13 y/o's attitude, but the tantrums are less, she is sleeping better, and she just generally seems more happy. She has always needed her own space and here she can go off and not be bothered when she needs time to herself! Since I last posted Mackenzie has turned 3. I can not believe how much she learns and takes in. Some of the things she comes up with just blow my mind. She is really into story telling and will often sit in the middle of the floor and tell us "Listen closely to my words. Once upon a time..." Princesses and pink/purple are still her favorite. In fact she has princess stickers decorating her pink and purple walls in her bedroom. She is also out of her toddler bed and in to a full sized bed...she LOVES all the room she has to move around. She even picked out hideous Barbie princess sheets...I don't think I could rest easily on sheets covered in 50 Barbie heads, but she seems to sleep just fine! She is signed up for preschool and could not be more excited. I just hope that her enthusiasm for school continues for years. If you ask her how old she is she will say "3, I'm big enough for Peeschool now!" She has also mastered riding her "big girl" bike with training wheels and her scooter. She announced the other day that she has 2 best friends, Kate and Brady, two little friends from day care. I can't believe she is old enough to have best friends. Lets see what's up with Brooklynn... Brooklynn is in her own room now that we have a room for her. She is sleeping better...she is still not the best sleeper, but at least she sleeps for the majority of the night now. She is still as happy go lucky as ever. Even with RSV, an ear infection, and teething she still has managed to smile more than cry. We are so going to pay for this wonderful babyhood...the teenage years are going to be hell I am guessing ;) She is a rolling fool and flips over to her belly almost instantly when placed on her back. I am not sure why as she still gets all mad about being on her belly. Even though she is completely able to roll back on to her back she adamantly refuses to do so...I guess screaming and biting the carpet is a better solution :) She found her feet a few weeks back and they have become her very best friends. She cracks herself up just staring at her toes. She LOVES her bath and "floating" on her belly. She goes absolutely wild when you hold her on her tummy in the bath...she squeals, kicks her legs, and splashes like a wild woman with her arms. No mater how much water or bubbles get on her face she still giggles away. We have tried to get her into eating oatmeal baby cereal, but she still can't seem to get the hang of eating it just yet. She gets so excited when she sees me getting it ready and then just can't figure out what to do with it once I give her a bite. I am sure she will figure it out in time...she is not going hungry by any means :) At her 4 month appointment, though she was 5 months old, she already weighed 16lbs and 11oz and was 25 inches long!!! She is very close to sitting and already pulling her knees up under her belly. It is so different having a baby that moves. Mackenzie was my floppy low tone kid who really didn't start sitting/moving until well into her 7th month. I don't think Brooklynn will be still that long.

The girls really keep us on our toes and we are loving every minute. I just wish that time would slow down just a little. I want to enjoy them while they are still little. I think this is going to be a very fun summer. Watching the girls interact is amazing. I hope that they can grow up and not only be sisters, but be good friends as well. Mackenzie is an amazing big sis so far...she loves Brooklynn so much. When we were at the pediatricians this week finding out Brooklynn had an ear infection, I think Mackenzie cried more and was more upset that the doc was hurting her baby sis than Brooklynn was having her sore ear poked and prodded. Nothing much new to report with Jason or I. Pretty much just working and trying to spend as much family time together as possible.

These past 6 months have been an absolute whirlwind! So much has happened and we have done/experienced so much that at times it is absolutely overwhelming. There are many things if you would have asked me if I would do/have done a year ago I would have laughed--build the house I have dreamed about since I was a child; lived in 3 different houses in 7 months; allowed my daughter to have a pink/purple room; nursed a baby, for 6 months exclusively at that!; allowed Jason to buy a truck...etc. I guess sometimes you can even surprise yourself at what you can do if/when you put your mind to it. I am ready for life to settle back into a routine, well as much as you can have with 2 kids :) Well, that's my update in a nutshell...hopefully I will find time to update more often :)

No comments: