Thursday, January 29, 2009

Broken tooth

My bottom right wisdom tooth is broken. This is truly my worst medial nightmare. I know it is stupid, believe me I know...but I am terrified. I would rather go through my ACL repair all over again than to go to the dentist. Today started absolutely wonderful and then I found the damn broken tooth. Immediate complete freak out. No kidding, elevated blood pressure, flushed face, whole body shaking...the whole works. The only think missing was the tears, but being at work up on my unit that really wouldn't have been appropriate. I wish everyone understood that for me it is not just going to the dentist. If it was that simple I would go 2 times a year like you are supposed to. I want to go, I want clean healthy teeth, I want to be able to sit there like nothing was wrong....but I can't. I have tried. 2 different dentist have told me I need to see a dentist that specialized in sedation dentistry. When I sit in the dentist chair I become a different person, it is completely and totally embarrassing...believe me I don't want to act like a fool but I can't help it. I am not afraid of much, but I am truly afraid of the dentist with every fiber of my being. I'm embarrassed that this is happening to me, I feel like my teeth are not clean, I don't want other to think I don't take care of myself....but I don't know how to get past it. People can tell me day in and day out to just go and get it over with, you will be fine...but it doesn't help I can't just go. I want this to just go away. I don't want to deal with this right now. I don't want to wait all weekend...I fear if I can't get them to change my appointment to tomorrow I will not be able to make myself go on Monday. I swear am going to have a stroke from all the stress I am causing myself right now. My daughters birthday is this weekend, I want to enjoy her party and spend a fun day with her and our family and friends. I don't want to obsess about this damn tooth all weekend. Pinch me and wake me up, tell me this really isn't happening. Sigh---my tooth hurts.

No comments: