Thursday, March 15, 2012

What a day...

I have decided that I hate going to the doctor! Though I guess I should be grateful because even if we got not so good news, at least we can make changes now :) So, my day started out with running late to Aubrey's swallow study. Thankfully they were okay with me showing up only 5 minutes before the test was to start. Her test did not go as I had hoped. She aspirated on every trial with the nectar thick fluids, some with full penetration. Even with a mixture of honey thick and nectar thick liquids she aspirated on the level two and x cut nipples. So, she was upgraded to honey thick liquids because using the level one nipples was causing her to take over an hour to eat which = burning to many calories = wt. loss and that's just not something we can have right now. So far it seems to be going okay. It's even more disgusting that the nectar thick...I feel like I'm feeding her nasty goo! They were all very surprised that she has not had aspiration pneumonia with the amount that she was aspirating. I'm thankful for that, but it scares me a bit! My day ended with a trip to my yearly urologist appointment to check for kidney stones and finding a stone large enough to concern the doc. So, I get to have a Lithotripsi (sp) some day in April...oh joy, I love when they mess with my kidneys. Though I guess it is better than kidney damage and a stent!!! Tomorrow we have yet more doctors appointments. I'm tired of the doctors office. What I would give for a week without seeing a doctor!

No comments: