Wednesday, May 4, 2011

19 weeks already

This pregnancy is flying by so much faster than the other two. We had our ultrasound yesterday. Baby weighed about 9oz and the heart rate was 138bpm. Baby looked good, though he/she was being rather uncooperative. Every time the ultrasound tech tried to get a measurement baby would roll like crazy to get away from her. Both Mackenzie and Brooklynn were always still during their ultrasounds...we never saw more than an arm or leg move just a little. Funny thing is that I almost never feel this baby...I feel a few flutter here and there, but nothing consistent yet. We didn't find out the sex of the baby....I wanted to know, but Jason wanted to wait. So we didn't find out...though I'm nearly certain it's another girl, I looked pretty closely and didn't see any boy parts. Maybe I'll still be surprised, but I doubt it.

Brooklynn has found her personality and she's a little stinker. She makes this "mean" face and then just laughs like crazy. I haven't gotten a good picture of the "mean" face yet, but I'm trying. She is a billy goat just like Mackenzie and climbs on anything and everything she can. Her favorite place it on top of the kitchen table...the girl has always enjoyed being a table decoration! She is starting to talk more...though she often sounds like she is speaking German.

Mackenzie has been doing so much better behaviorally! We are using a star chart and a marble jar and even though we have "sassy days" we are having more good days than not! In fact in about a month she has only had one day where she lost all her stars...pretty good for a girl who can have a tantrum pretty much all day. She is LOVING soccer. She gets sad when her games are canceled which happens a lot because of all the rain we have had. She's actually starting to get the hang of the game and tries to kick the ball and always wants to "kick a goal ball".

No comments: