Monday, October 18, 2010

All done...

...nursing Brooklynn. Last night was the last time I nursed her. Jason wanted to give her a bottle tonight and I was bathing Kenzie, so I guess that is it. It was really strange to not be the one to get her ready and put her to bed. In her whole year of life I have been the one that does the bed time routine with her. There has only been a few times I have not been home for bedtime and never have I been home and not put her to bed...well Jason has needed to rock her to get her to go to sleep, but I've always been the one to feed her. She's been a bit fussier than normal, I hope that will pass soon. I feel bad for her because she probably would not have given it up just yet...she probably would have happily kept nursing she was kind of an addict. But, I was ready to have my body back...I should be happy, but I feel a bit selfish tonight. Though she does not seem any worse off than any other night. We will see what tonight brings. I hope she sleeps well tonight and I don't have to fight with her in the middle of the night if she wakes up and decides she needs to eat :) I still can't believe we made it a full year!

1 comment:

Mom to Mackenzie, Brooklynn, and Aubrey said...

Okay, so Brooklynn changed her mind and completely freaked out the next night when I tried to give her a bottle. So, in order to not traumatize her or myself we nursed just at night until the 25th when she finally seemed okay with being done. She's not fussed since that night and hasn't asked to nurse once :) It is bittersweet, but I am very happy to have my body back to myself :)