Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What have we been up to...

Where to start? These past few months have been some of the busiest months of my life, but at the same time the most exciting. In the past 6 months we have sold our first home, moved to an apartment, had a baby, and started building our new home. Talk about hectic and stressful times. I am truly looking forward to a few years of "boring", well as boring as you can get with 2 small kiddos.

The old house: After a year on the market we finally sold our first home. It was exciting and sad all at the same time. That was our first home as a married couple and where we brought Mackenzie home to. We had so many good times and made so many memories in that house it was sad to leave. But, it was exciting because we knew it meant we were able to move on to making the home we had been talking about since before we were married. We moved out over July 4th weekend. I had no idea how much crap we had accumulated in the nearly 5 years we lived there. We tossed a lot of things we had not used in years, I'm sure we could toss much more!!! We filled a storage unit with nearly everything except for daily living essentials and Kenzie's favorite things. It will be like Christmas when we get it all back out of storage. I though that I had carefully planned how we packed the storage unit, but there are a few things I wish we would have done differently. Mainly...packing ALL of my non maternity clothing in the way back. Thankfully I do not need dress clothes very often. The new owners have done so much work to the house. It looks wonderful from the outside and we hear it looks just as nice on the inside. It is nice to see all the work being done...I hope that they have as many wonderful times in the house as we did.


The apartment: Moving to an apartment has been difficult to say the least. It is not a bad place, it is clean and has a decent amount of storage for an apartment. But, after living in my own home for nearly 5 years, having to live in an apartment has been tough. I think that mainly I miss the ability to have my own space. 700 feet of living space(2 bedrooms a living room and kitchen) does not allow much room for personal space. I am thankful the girls are still small! We had been spoiled...you don't realize how much you take everyday things for granted until they are not available to you, ie washer/dryer and a dish washer. We made it about 3 months without a washer and dryer before we broke down and got our new ones early...dragging laundry to the laundry mat got old very very quickly, though it does make for some good people watching. I will also be so happy to have a dishwasher again!!! We've been here nearly 5 months now. I am looking forward to having our own space again!


The baby: By far the most exciting new news is the birth of our second daughter Brooklynn Danielle on Sept. 28th 2009. She was scheduled to come via c-section on Oct. 1st, but she had her own plan and decided to be a Sept. baby :) I woke up at 3am to contractions and knew that would be her birth day. I had been in labor and delivery on Sept. 26th with labor concerns, but was sent home when they subsided. We arrived at the hospital around 5:30am and she was born at 12:32pm that afternoon. C-section was uneventful, longer than with Kenzie. Recovery was so much easier the second time around! She weighed 8lbs 2oz and was 20 inches long. She has been a very pleasant little girl from day one. We are so blessed. She only cries or fusses when she is hungry. She is a little wiggle worm though...I think she will be an early mover. She wants to chase after her big sis I guess! She started smiling at 6 1/2 weeks and she has not stopped since. At 8 weeks she is sleeping between 6-7 hours straight at night and then up 3 hours later before getting up for the day. She has even put herself on a schedule for her naps for the most part...down by 10am, sleeps till 1pm...up for a few hours and back down for about an hour and a half. She is very much a night owl. She will not go down for the night before 10pm!!! That is an hour past my bedtime on work nights...we will be working on this. I didn't think it was possible to have anymore love in my heart until this little girl came into our lives. Everyday I wake up I am amazed at how much I love being a mom. Mackenzie and Brooklynn have made me such a happy woman, I could not imagine life without them. 5 years ago I would never have guessed how much I would enjoy my place in life right now. Life is good :)

Brand new Brooklynn :)


Brooklynn at 8wks



The new house: We broke ground about a month ago. In that month we went from a corn field to a completely framed house. The roof it on and completed, the concrete in the basement/garage/porch is poured, the electric/heating/plumbing is ruffed in; the cable and phone lines are in; and the insulation is in. It has been amazing and oh so exciting to watch it come to life. Even though we can walk around and see how the house will look, it still does not feel real. It is like we are walking around in someone elses house. Maybe when we move in and all are belongings are in place it will finally feel real :) I can not wait.
The new house!!!

No comments: